Building my garage gym "parallettes"

I've been converting my garage into a gym over the past few months.  Whenever I have time and energy I take on projects that add to the functionality of the home gym.

This weeks project are small parallel bars called parallettes.     These bars will help me learn a variety of gymnastic exercises from Tuck sits, L-Sits and Handstands against the wall.  

So off I went to Home Depot and purchased the required items: 

  • 10 foot PVC pipe 
  • 4 elbows
  • 4 t's
  •  8 end caps
  • PVC cement




The PVC tubing needed to be cut to the appropriate lengths.  Then all attached together with a light application of the PVC cement.


The crossfit journal provided a step by step instruction on how to build these necessary tools:


http://journal.crossfit.com/2003/09/really-cool-homemade-parallett.tpl#featureArticleTitle


Now it's off to the garage to start practicing some new moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment