My weight gain challenge: Day one

Gaining and maintaining a heavier body weight has always been a challenge for me.  I always seem to climb up a few pounds then I miss a meal or two and the weight drops.

After reading a blog from one of my friends where he wrote about his 2012 CrossFit goals I thought writing about my weight gain struggle would be a great opportunity to keep myself accountable.

Thanks for the inspiration and motivation Patrick-Phatty Vuong

Just a bit of background on my body weight struggle.

Me at 160 lbs
In 2009 I weighed in at 160 lbs.  Some of the reason for being so light was due to some stress in my life. Another reason was that I was golfing nearly everyday, to avoid the stress, and skipping meals.  This was not a healthy weight for me and I decided to pack on some weight and get healthy.  I managed to get over 170 pounds through isolation training and increased food consumption.  Since then I have fluctuated between 178 and 170 lbs depending on my food intake and training.

In 2010 I discovered CrossFit and my gym programming and diet focus became performance and function based.  This form of training has taught me much about my real world strength and power.  Strength is one of my weaknesses and I believe that packing on 10 - 15 lbs of muscle mass, and lifting heavier loads, will increase my performance with the WOD's.
Today at 173 pounds

Here are my stats as of May 19th 2011:

Height:  6 feet 2 inches
Body weight:  173.2 lbs
Body fat:  7.4%
Muscle mass:  152.4 lbs

 My personal time line to gain the weight is two months.  Time to go eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment